Did you know you can hire freelancers online for almost any task on Fiverr, Upwork, freelancer & more?
Here’s some examples of tasks I’ve hired for:
- Logo design
- Photoshop work
- Sales catalogs
- Legal filings
- Spreadsheet work, data compilations & research
- Listing optimization and copywriting
- Blog posts
- Social media graphics
- Web design
- Web graphics
- Voiceovers for podcasts
- Videos for products
- Video editing
- YouTube covers and thumbnails
- 3D rendered images
- Children’s book illustrations
- Package design
- Drawings and cartoons
- 3D mock-ups and product design
- Service & MUCH MORE
Here’s some tips for hiring the right professional for your job
1. Start with the end in mind – Know what you need help with and what you want the end product to look like. This will help you in reaching out to providers and qualifying them
2. Know what other people call your service – Look for YouTube videos about the subject and find keywords to search for. For example, I needed a Google sheet with graphics and I learned that this is commonly called a dashboard. This allowed me to search for “Google sheets dashboard” on Fiverr and find the right professional for the job.
3. Use the power of video to explain – do you have a mock-up or an example to show? Create a loom video to explain what you’re looking for and show that you are a real person not wasting their time. I’ll often create a short PowerPoint slideshow and record a loom video of me walking through it. I also find that video helps me vet my providers, if what I’m explaining in the video is beyond their capabilities or they are not truthful in their job posts, I often don’t hear back from them.
4. Vet your providers – just like you use search filters on Alibaba to look for reputable suppliers, learn what makes a good seller on Fiverr, and filter by those results. Also, look for lots of reviews and examples of their work. The way a job is written says a lot about a person, review their jobs in-depth to understand if they are the right fit for you. you often get what you pay for so don’t be afraid to pay a little extra for someone who has great reviews and great work examples in their queue.
5. Cast a wide net – reach out to five or six providers from the very beginning. Many freelancers are very busy and will not have time to work on your job in the timeline that you need it done. So be sure to contact a few providers to give yourself a wide range of options to work with and get a feel for how responsive each provider is as well as their plan for executing your project and whether it aligns with your goals.
6. Break big projects up – do you have a big project that seems impossible to hire for? Break that project up into smaller tasks such as graphic design, web design, copywriting, or editing. You’ll save money because smaller projects are lower priced and take less time and you’ll be able to bring your big project together faster. Just be sure to follow the rest of the tips to communicate your goals and vision to each freelancer that you work with from the start.
I hope these tips help you hire freelancers with confidence. Need help coming up with a plan or breaking up a project? Book a coaching session with me at amazingathome.com
You must log in to post a comment.